Our First Rule of Safety is: ZERO TOLERANCE!
We have been able to reduce the frequency and severity of incidents in our company
by following this rule. If we fail to follow through in correcting
the unsafe acts and conditions that are found, we are demonstrating to others that
we do not have a personal interest in their safety.
- There will be no tolerance for anyone creating a hazardous condition or allowing a hazardous condition to exist without taking appropriate action.
- There will be no tolerance for anyone performing work, or allowing other work to be performed, in a hazardous manner.
- There will be no tolerance for anyone causing an injury to another person as a result of their horseplay or unsafe behavior.
- There will be no tolerance for anyone damaging company vehicles, equipment or tools, or causing damage to another person's property when the damage could have been prevented by following an established plan, procedure or policy.
Injuries and incidents that result in loss due to job disruption and delay often involve additional losses due to personal injury, equipment damage, property or material damage, or a combination of one or more of these factors. When an incident occurs, chance is largely the determining factor as to degree of loss. Therefore, prevention of all incidents must be the objective of our safety effort, rather than focusing only on those where the potential for serious loss is most apparent.
OBJECTIVE and GOALS
- ZERO Injuries and General Liability Incidents.
- Strive to work each day injury free.
- Work toward eliminating all injuries and incidents through continuous improvement.
- Promote environmental, safety and health objectives consistently in designing, planning, training and building work.
- Encourage ownership of our environmental, safety and health efforts throughout the organization.
- Enhance employee awareness and involvement in our plan implementation.
Everyone should have a clear understanding of our objectives, and be committed to the belief that all injuries can be prevented. Through the safety management process, and looking to the root causes, we can eliminate events that lead to injuries/illnesses or incidents.
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO ACCOMPLISH THIS GOAL?
ZERO INJURIES IS OUR GOAL!
- By keeping safety foremost in our mind through the life of the project.
- By proper orientation and training of all employees.
- By strict adherence to Safety Rules.